Thursday, May 25, 2006

I bought myself SAJI-a cooking magazine yesterday.Cost me RM10 because this month issue is a special super bumper issue..as usual rambang mata tengok resepi . It features Siti Nurhaliza on the front page talking about how we need to have basic knowledge about cooking before we enter married life. Is it a hint that she is ready to get married? Apa2lah Siti.. since she said..Biarlah rahsia....so let it be..Anyway...back to my SAJI... i love buying magazines especially cooking magazines..in fact i love everything about cooking. I can spend hours watching the cooking programs eventhough i've seen them so many times. I love Nigella Lawson, Jamie Oliver ( believe it even Hazziq recognizes Jamie's show) and many more. Back in UK i love watching Ready Steady Cook program. I just enjoyed watching them. But honestly..i've never tried any of the recipes except one from Jamie Oliver. Its called Sheila's Pudding. Hubby always tease me about this...how i spend time and money over all this cooking stuffs but at the end of the day..i will cook almost the same thing over and over again. I dont blame him for that because it is true. I donno why i never tried all those recipes..maybe because of i had bad experience with it or simply because the ingredients are so well explained but yet so complicated. I remembered trying to bake cookies for last hari raya. I followed exactly according to the recipe but i tossed nearly half of it into the bin! Failed! People said..dont follow the recipes too much you have to improvise it...hmm what's the point of having the recipe if you cant follow it right! Nowadays i only follow recipes i get from my mom, friends. Why ? Because i 've seen them cook it and taste it therefore..boleh di percayai. Others are just for my entertainment only...well maybe i will try one or two recipes ...trying to be more adventureos la konon hahah.. infact i did find some interesting recipes that i want to try in my new SAJI.. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mrs O said...

gd luck sweetie..i like your cooking, simple and healthy...!!! so dont have to crack your brain to cook for me new resipes if i drop by one day to bangi heheh!!! Anyway good luck !!!!

Anonymous said...

Try yus.. jgn tak try.. menjadi, leh la kongsi... nanti nak usha saji gak..tapi, aku tak serajin hang :-)