Friday, April 21, 2006

Say "Yes"

Forty years ago, the average of someone’s first serious depression was almost 30. Now it’s 14. This should be a wake-up call that happiness needs to make an urgent comeback. When your first reaction is to shake your head and think bad thoughts, take a look at this simple little “yes to a better life” ways to put smile back on your face.

Yes, I will get moving. Whether a brisk walk aerobics or badminton for just 20 minutes, 3 times a week -has are remarkable impact on lifting depression.

Yes, I will join. Teaming up is the single most useful thing we can do to increase our stock of happiness. Social clubs, shared hobbies and neighbourhood schemes all serve to bring us together with other like-minded people.

Yes, I will keep busy. Optimists involve themselves more in the world because they think their enthusiastic activity will pay off. The more goal we take on, the greater likelihood of success.

Yes, I will move on. Do not dwell on the past unless its to savour the good times.

Yes, I will turn off the tv. Less tv and more activity is probably the least appreciated yet easiest, difference we can make in our lives. Go out have a picnics.

Yes, I will be more flexible. Remain flexible in how you plan for the future and respond to life. We are at out most vulnerable when we’re stuck in our ways and closed-off to learning and new experience.

Yes, I will laugh more. Humour has been prove to be one of the most important ingredients in a healthy and happy life. Laughter keeps the mind flexible and releases tension

Yes, I will settle for “good enough”. Do not be overwhelmed by the number of petty and irrelevant choices we are asked to make these days. Sometimes, good enough is good enough, Just because there are hundreds of possibilities, sometimes the clever choice is to settle for the first one that fits your minimum criteria

Yes, I will see the bigger picture. Maturity has to be earned and does not always come automatically with age. It’s distinguished by being able to step back and see the bigger picture, rather than getting caught up in the detail – particularly with situations that seem like set-backs or disappointments.

Yes, I will give of myself. A sense of purpose in life – the feeling that we are part of something bigger than ourselves. Giving to ourselves to another person – whether as a life partner, mother or volunteer is one of the most reliable ways to achieve this feeling

Make this the day you realise that today is a gift – that is why it’s called “the present”. Have a lovely week everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya

Sometimes the yes part is the hardest, when I am feeling that way I try to do something that I love to do, but I like to be alone during those times so I block and push people away. You are so right though and today is a gift is a wonderful statement.

Hope you are having a nice day

((((Hugs))))