Thursday, June 08, 2006

the first attempt

I found out yesterday that i had to sit for the Mtest ( Malaysian Teacher Selection Test) today - i was so unaware of the date, lucky me my dear friend Ida called. Anyway..i thought it was just another test..therefore i dont really bother to prepare or more like donno what to study. The test consist of 5 components which are: Quantitative ( Maths), Engish, Verbal (BM), Analytical and INSAK ( inventori sahsiah keguruan)...There were 25-30 question for each components except INSAK (135 yes-no answers) and 30 mins to answer for each components...wowie..it was hard...especially the maths and bm part..yupp you hear me correctly..BM..susah bangat..except the kefahaman. Maths pulak after so many years ...the skills makin berkarat. dah la tu ..no calculator allowed...I just dont understand why we have to go thru all this test. I mean, really, if you give this test to other teachers, i bet some, not all, will struggle to answer all questions correctly in given times. Hubby said..this is one of the way to narrow down the numbers of candidates ( must be more than 20,000 appllications - 1 pusat ada dlm 150-200 calon imagine kalau ada 100 pusat all over malaysia..)..and more over hubby said..this is one of the way to make sure they have the very best among the best teacher candidates. And hopefully with better teacher we will have better education plan..hmmm ya la tu.. anyway..I have done my best and hopefully my first attempt to Mtest will not be a bummer



Again talking about the first attempt, yesterday i made "puding caramel". Back in Boston, if am not mistaken, Minah was the one who promised us her puding caramel..and i think she still owes me that...betul tak minah? And whenever i attend birthday parties,ceremonies or even during ramadan..puding caramel is among the popular dessert. I always want to try it at home since people keep saying that it is an easy peasy pud but never had the chance or keberanian until yesterday. My verdict, for a first-timer, the pud was ok. Not that bad. I think i burnt the caramel a little bit..heheh..there's room for improvement! Most of it i enjoyed it very much and next time am sure the pud will be much-much better...until then..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

..nampak sedaaappp...nak satu slice bolehh????...

Mrs O said...

yup..janji manis aku tuh...hehe...anyway since u know how to cook it already...kite pegi makan rumah hang ajer okeh....until now..i never tried to masak puding caramel..coz my step MIL is really good in it...popular desert in manila...hehehe...selamat!!!

Anonymous said...

Nak jadi cikgu ke yus? diam2 je ye..btw, nak order caramel satuuu!!

Anonymous said...

hmm.. my aunt taught me 3 times to make that but it never turn out ok except the sugar (caremel). oh well...