Friday, March 03, 2006

Easy Peasy Banana Cake.

I spend most of my teenager years at boarding school. Therefore you could say that i did not gain enough cooking skills from my mom. Continued my degree program at Northeastern University in Boston, where as you can imagine the foods were totally different from my mom's cooking. Here come the challanges. Am totally screwed. I had to make a long distance call to ask recipes from my mom. Luckily, i have great friends who always ready to share their knowledge in cooking. Thanks Cik Lat for your masak lemak cili padi, Elin-nasi ayam, Denn-mee rebus, Angah-puding telur, Ain-rendang, Kniza-baked salmon, Minah-spagetti meatball and many more. I couldn't have survived without you all.

Anyway, today i want to share with you an easy-peasy banana cake recipe. I got this recipe from my dearest friend, Shahida ( she actually shares a lot of recipes with me and such a good cook) Thanks a lot Ida. Since am not really good in baking, cakes especially, i was a bit hesitant to try it. Ida assured me that this is an easy-peasy recipe and nothing could go wrong. And she was right! Here are the ingredients. Give it a try and let me know how it turn out which am pretty sure will be great!

125g butter
170g castor sugar
185g flour (sifted)
125ml milk
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1 tsb vanilla essence
2 medium eggs
3 bananas (crushed)

methods: Sift flour with baking powder. Beat butter and essence vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add castor sugar to it. Then add in the eggs. After that mix in the dry mixture-flour. Pour in the milk until the mixture become nice and smooth. Lastly add the crushed bananas and stir slowly. Put it in the baking tin and bake it for approximately 1 hour.

No comments: