Thursday, March 16, 2006

HomeTown - Alor Setar

I went back to my hometown Alor Setar last week. It was a 6 hrs drive from Bangi. Although hubby wanted to leave as early as 7am but as usual..too much traffic at home so we left at 10am instead. Kids were excited to go. Aqeelah even packed her suitcase 2 days earlier. The journey was alright. Arrived at my parents house at 3.30pm. Weather was very hot and humid. Kids went straight begging their Tok Wan ( grandad ) to take out their small swimming pool and in minutes they were splashing and screaming happily.

The next day, we went to my 2nd cousin's wedding in Gurun which is approximately 30 minutes drive from Alor Setar. I love going to weddings. Like my mom always said, it is the time where you can meet everyone.. especially your own relatives. Believe me, some of them i don't even recognize if my mom did not introduce us and yet there are our flesh and blood. Hubby and my dad were patiently waiting for the ladies ( my mom, me, aini ) as we women talked to almost everybody. Aqeelah wanted to see the bride so we had to wait like another hour before the bride and groom arrived. While waiting, we snapped few pics in front of the "pelamin". We left around 4pm and rushed back as my best friend Ida and her family were on thier way to our house. I have not met Ida for almost 4 years and it was nice to see her again.

Monday: Aini, my sister went to pick her SPM result. Hope its not too late to congratulate her for a job well done. Aqeelah said, Aini cried because she wasn't satisfied with her result. Too me, she did well, much-much better than us her brothers and sister and everybody is proud of her. This is just the beginning. There are lots more to come. I wish her all the best and the best is yet to come.



We left Alor Setar wednesday morning. I managed to "steal" some of my dad and mom plants. Thank mak, abah. My hubby spotted a new Honda Civic on the road and asked me to snapped some photos of his dream car. Kids were sleeping quietly at the back when Awie's latest song "kau masih ku cintai" were aired on the radio. Told hubby that i sincerely dedicated this song to him. Arrived in Bangi at 3pm and that's the end of a lovely trip.

2 comments:

Mrs O said...

hi yus...just knew u have a bog...tak cakap pun...now i can catch up with u more often....

yus said...

aku ada bagitau hang la minah..